Hi, my name is Lucas Hernandez and I'm currently attending Olympic College. I'm taking three classes at the moment, Math 94, English 101, and ASL. So far Olympic College is treating me well and I'm enjoying my courses and my teachers. Although I've only been attending Olympic College for four days I have learned quite a lot and have had a few good experiences.
So far my favorite class is ASL. My teacher's name is Dean Roberts and he is completely deaf. He's a pretty interesting guy, he signs to communicate so he is very emotive and expressive. There are currently two translators in the class that speak for him, but honestly I'd rather them not because he's such an expressive person you can basically understand what hes trying to say without him having to speak a word. So I really enjoy ASL so far.
My other two classes are Math 94 and English 101. Math 94 is elementary algebra which is basic algebra, it's very simple but I need the review. English 101 is pretty interesting though. My teacher, Mrs. Begert, is having every student create a blog and write a 200 word post every other day which is actually kinda fun compared to other English classes I have had. I'm sure we'll have some basic vocabulary tests and long essays but the blog creates a fun change.
So overall my experience in Olympic College is going great and I'm hoping to continue learning and accomplishing my academic goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment