I had a few good teachers, and a few not so good ones. The teachers that didn't work for me usually didn't connect with me, majority of the time it seemed like they had a few "favorite" students and they didn't really put much time into educating the rest of the class. The teacher's that I really appreciated didn't favor me, but they also didn't give any student special attention. All of the good teachers I have ever had gave each individual student the same amount of focus and care as they gave the rest of the class.
Teachers that work for me are usually very honest and direct, I don't appreciate it when educators seem as if they're showing off or trying to prove that they know what they're doing and can do it better than everyone else (I've had a few math instructors that gave off this vibe). It should be implied that the educator knows what he/she's teaching about and instead of moving at super speed they should keep a steady pace and give every individual student the time he/she needs to absorb the information that the instructor is educating them on.
Marie F. Hassett explains in her last point that educators need to "enjoy their students". I've had teachers who act as though their job is a chore, and that their students are simply there to make their life miserable. It seems that if that is their perspective on their job then they shouldn't be working as a teacher. No matter how troublesome an educator's students are I believe that they should be able to adapt and challenge themselves to teach these students in the best way that they can.
No comments:
Post a Comment