In
my life I've learned many important things, such as learning to walk, talk, and
be social. But one certain learning experience comes to mind. About one year ago
right after I turned 18, I was given a job working with my step dad in his
jewelry store (Dahlquist's Fine Jewelry). It was my first paying job ever, besides yard work miscellaneous
jobs here and there. Quickly after working in the store I realized that this
wasn't an ordinary job, it required lots of discipline and trust to handle the
amount of jewelry that I did every day. I also had to learn to take in jewelry
repairs from customers, and although their jewelry wasn't always valuable money
wise it was very sentimental and precious to them, so I had to handle it with
care. Throughout my time working in the store I have made many mistakes, some
small, some large, but they have all been valuable learning experiences. So,
overall one of my most important learning experiences has been being put into
an uncomfortable situation, not knowing if I was qualified or mature enough to
handle it, and eventually coming out successful as a valuable employee.
Wow, such inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThanks bro
Delete