Thursday, October 3, 2013

"How I Learned to Travel Solo"





I just read the educational narrative "How I Learned to Travel Solo" By Cate Huston. She told of her traveling experiences and how to cope with being alone for long duration's of time in unfamiliar places. She gave advice on how you should "embrace introvert time alone", "stay somewhere comfortable", and to "savor small moments". The article was educational and if you were planning on traveling alone this narrative would give some useful tips. She also spoke from her own point of view, and like the other narratives I've read it was her personal learning experiences that she wanted to relate to the reader for their benefit. She describes events that took place while she was traveling and how she learned to cope with these situations. Similar to the other articles she had her own point of view and she shared her own learning experiences, she didn't state facts on how to travel alone, she simply gave her opinion on what to do to make the trip easier. In Malcolm X's narrative he shared how he learned to read, not "how to read". The same goes for Feross Aboukhadiejeh's blog "how I learned to Program Computers", he shared his learning experience on programming computers, his blog was never meant to be a guide on programming computers. Every one of the blogs I have posted on are based on an individual’s unique learning experience.

1 comment: